Sunday 22 January 2012

I Jinxed the Gingerbread :(

What a busy busy weekend! Turning up at my old friend, Loula Belle at home's house on Saturday, 45 minutes late - mums and dad's fault, found her in one of her gorgeous pinnies, having made a fresh batch of gingerbread dough ready for the kids to rolls out and cut out the 'men'. Yum.
Now I love gingerbread dough, more than the cooked menfolk and sneaked many small portions from said dough whilst the rolling/cutting was being done by the little tinker.
This behaviour was of course then copied, personally I think we should have foregone any rolling,cutting, messing with flour on the table and just eaten all the dough, but procedures must be followed and the 'men', both large and small were duly made. I did try to 'personalise' one the the little men with a lovely J on his naval but being upside down I did this the wrong way round and in trying to correct my poor attempt made the little fellow look like he had undergone a serious operation.
The little tinker was even less dexterous than me (only just though and I have 32 years on him!) and almost severed one of the poor men in his attempt at branding!

So having sillied the making, I then proceeded to gossip non stop to Loula until we smelt that familiar, oh dear just a couple of minutes too long, kind of smell coming from the kitchen. What she needs is obviously a louder ringer on her timer, that can drown out my rants!
I am pleased to say that most if the gingerbread men were able to be saved and eaten although some of the extremities had to go in the bin!

I also notice that Loula didn't blog about baking this weekend - sorry love!



Here's some Loula and tinker made earlier. I was not involved in this batch :(
I was not offered the decorating tools for my men either :(


So to make up for this and to allow you all to get the proper recipe for these delicious treats I am linking  Loula Belle's blog and etsy shop for you all.

http://loulabelleathome.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/loulabelleathome

Check it out - she has some seriously nice stuff to bake and also to wear while you bake - just make sure you get them the right way round!

No comments:

Post a Comment