Sunday 5 February 2012

Week One Elliemagpie go go go

Heya all, today's post is the first of a collection of blogs I am planning following the set up of my new business venture Elliemagpie. I hope you like sharing my adventure with me and if you can offer any support or insider knowledge on the whole - 'setting up shop' front then I will be more than happy to hear from you. Please leave your comments on the blog or on facebook :)

Saturday saw my first purchases for the business both in term of stock and display. Have a peak at these beauties!
Scandinavian prints get revisited in this eclectic collection. Modernology redefines your idea of avant-garde with its bold florals in rich hues of red and blue, mixed with bright lime and chocolate. - sounds exciting to me - can't wait to get mixing from fat quarters from the range. This is by Pat Bravo
http://www.patbravo.com/FabricsMain.html
She has some beautiful ideas for bags and things on her site too - I am feeling very inspired!
Exotic florals and sumptuous medallions in lavish purples, gold and deep teal give a feel of mysterious elegance to this Moroccan- inspired collection. I soooo want to go to Morocco - it's on my list of places to go. Not many places left - this list needs revisiting and revising. Oooooo another idea for a bog - I need to scan in all my (very small) South Africa pictures from 2000 and put that together properly.

 A walk through the streets of Paris on an April afternoon. Dream about a new outfit for kids, a gorgeous quilt for your bedroom or many handbags. A seductive palette of colors with shades of sparkling pink and enchanting purple, mixed with kiwi and chocolate.
Wow, pink and golds - more beauty from Pat Bravo - I love the liveliness of this.
I am going to be stocking most of these three collections, then I will see how they go and look to expanding and moving to the rest of the ranges.

I will also be stocking these beautiful May Arts ribbons from the US. I love this stand aswell and hope to be replicating something similar for my shop - Dad!!!, Can you make one of these please!


Aren't they so beautiful. I am going to have to think of something to make using just ribbon - any ideas?

Then onto the lovelies and pretties I bought for the store. Some of these need some TLC but I have plans for them.




 A lovely corner unit

A square tub - must research what theses were used for but have fallen out with this for today as I backed into it and have given myself a large bruise (picture not included!)
This stool is a gorgeous pink but unfortunately a bit grubby so going to have to see how it scrubs up.

Super Victorian Pine corner cabinet - am a bit loathe to paint this as someone has painstakingly stripped it - we shall see..

Look at the gorgeous shaped shelves inside, so pretty.
A sewing machine - and not a Singer. Lovely gold colours on this model and it was a bargain I couldn't resist. Will have to get it up and running.

Another bargain, an old clothes horse/airer and thought I would use it to show some of the patchwork panels I am working on for cushions

The vintage pinks and lilacs are from the Stof basics collection.


The red hearts and the  cream red stripe cushions match with some of the bunting I have done and is available in my shops.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/elliemagpieshabbychic
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EllieMagpie

And the chair, again needs some care and attention and just trying it out with some of the Stof vintage patchwork ideas but this is going to look really pretty :)x

Tomorrow and Tuesday are Spring Fair for me - the first time going when it's for my own company. I am going to have blast! Plus I get to buy and source some of the stock I want for my store and shop - how exciting is that; but a bit scary too - spending my own money instead of someone else's!
(My previous life was as buyer for a number of store groups)

The website is coming along too - I think I will write about this later. I am torn between giving too much away though! but I value the input - of course my customers are going to have to LOVE the site and find it easy to shop.

If you can't comment on here then please do comment on FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/EllieMagpie/272323092826099

Love
Elliemagpie x


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to come visit your shop with my Piggybank,have a hammer ready!

    ReplyDelete